Foot Thumping

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emm36459

I just got my chinchilla today and on the bottom of her cage she thumps her feet. When she moves from one side of the cage to the other its a lighter thump but when she sits in one spot she thumps her back legs.
I went over to her and she sat up somewhat on her back legs and I backed away because I heard they spray their pee if they're afraid.
But I don't think it was really a spray position, I think she was just sitting up.
Should I worry about the foot thumping? or is it normal?

I think she is a little upset and nervous about her new home. Where is her cage? I would consider keeping her in a quiet bedroom or something like that while she gets used to her new home and family. Also, welcome to CnH. Glad you are here. Theresa

I think she was doing ready, aim and fire-the thump is the aim part prior to fire (spraying).

You guys are too funny. I love that so far Shelly is not a sprayer.

HaHa. As I have mentioned before, Trixie will often sit on the back of my chair during play time. One night, I kept hearing these sounds in my ear...I snuck a peek, and found her tap dancing up and down the back of the chair. Not sure what was up with that. She was tail wagging like mad as well.

i got

I think she was doing ready, aim and fire-the thump is the aim part prior to fire (spraying).

i got sprayed my one chin buttons. when i was trying to get her out of cage she backed up in the corner and stood up on hine legs and sprayed me... lol lol and now she coems to the cage door to be left out for playtime... well they all do it

Back