Fontina and Brie

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittney

So, after trying to unsuccessfully raise a baby feeder mouse, I set my sights on rescuing a couple of critters from the snake menu. I am now the owner of 2 rats, and to stick with my cheese names, they are Fontina and Brie. Both are female and both have bonded so well with each other. Brie is albino and I don't think she can see at all. She seems to run into things a lot and screams when initially being touched. It breaks my heart. It almost looks like she is waiting for the impact of a snake, but then calms down when she relizes I just want to scratch her ears. Fontina, on the other hand is awesome. She is very friendly and takes such good care of Brie and will go stand over her when she screams and cuddle her. So cute. I'm out to get a new cage today as Fontina and Brie woke up this morning on my bed on their hind legs just like "hey what's goin on"

Question though. I don't know much about what goes on at feed stores, but both Fontina and Brie appear to be lactating since I got them yesterday and have blood on their fur and crusted bloody discharge around their lady parts. Is it possible they just had babies and the babies were taken away for frozen pinkies? That would be my only guess. This morning, though, the blood is gone on both of them, but they still have very distended nipples, round bellies and are still appear to be lactating. I'm so confused.

Any other tips on ratties would be great as well.

In their temp home while I set up the chinchilla cage (which they escaped out of)

Fontina
164540_1271947764071_1391190918_31087773_2675879_n.jpg

Brie
168933_1271947604067_1391190918_31087772_6036296_n.jpg

I have lady rats too. Love them. I would think that they may be preggers or that the babies got taken away. :(
My girls LOVE peas and lots of nibble stuff and chew stuff, I use a lot boxes and carboard tubes for play.
They look young, I go on Goosemoose forum for all my ratty information.

Back