FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamollie.tb

I'm thinking about a FN double unit for our chins, but can someone fill me in on space/chin they'd available? We have 2 females in one cage, which is probably about the size as b both units combined, although maybe more narrow. The other 3 are in an (old!) Marshalls cage (think what pet stores display kittens in), which is huge. I'm just feeling it's time to start fresh, the wooden shelves are starting to get a little yucky. 😷
So I'm just wondering if *you* think 2 in one unit and 3 in the other is practical out not.
Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I would not keep 3 chins in a single level of an FN. Actually we upgraded to a triple stack to have 2 levels for our 2 boys and then one level for our single cranky old guy. The two boys are much happier in 2 levels than they were in one. Almost immediately they started cutting playtime short to go back to their new bigger cage, some days they only stay out for 10 or 15 minutes.

I agree, 3 might feel cramped in a single unit, I think a single is more like for 1-2 chins. I know other have had more then 2 per unit, but more room is alway better for a chin, and those chins were always in one unit size together. So especially if you are downsizing the cage, you could be creating a problem for the 3 being unable to get as far away or have their own space if they need time away from each other. Think of it like a family going from a big house to a small house, suddenly the family is forced to always be closer to each other.

Back