"flopping" hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikefire12

I don't know if this is normal, or if I should be worried about this.

I've seen Cobalt "flop" over on his side, roll up into a ball, and then it looks like he rocks himself back and forth. However, I've only seen him do this twice. Is there something wrong with him?

Mika does this too... But I'm pretty sure she's a girl?! I thought maybe she's just grooming or something? Like I said I'm PRETTY sure she's a girl... Can someone maybe point me in the direction of a boy vs girl pic so I can make sure? lolol sorry... I've been wondering a little bit.

K so I found this pic:
howto_male_female_lg.14162736.jpg

Mika does not have that belly-button looking thing that I'm assuming is a hedgehog boy-part. She has the one on the right lol. Maybe she grooms? I swear I've caught her trying to eat her lunch twice :wacko:

Umm... I've never seen that before - I'm guessing my Squee is acutally a girl! I feel like a horrible hedge-mommy. Lol, I adopted Squee almost a month ago and was told he was a boy (nip)... but we changed him to little Squee when he moved in. So Boys have their "thingy" in the middle and girls have their "thingy" close to the tail? Ooops. Hahaha

Oh so Squee is definalty a boy.. got a better peek at the goods. Lol.. Now some of you said yours are pretty public - and others have said they only find the 'remains'... I've never seen this.. or noticed any remains.. lol is my little boy just really well behaved or...?

Hahaha not that i'm excited for it or anything - but he's 2 years old.

Back