Fleury's teeth

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdr13

Ok...so fleury is the chinchilla boy that I found outside by a local hospital. Anywayz, he is really active, peeing and pooping, eating his food and hay some, drinking, and biting on wood toys. My problem is, he was acting a little weird today like I thought he was cleaning his whiskers but he might have been pawing @ his mouth. He isn't drooling @ all, but when i got him out and looked @ his front teeth (they are orange like normal) his top front teeth are longer than his bottom front teeth. Like his top teeth hang down over the bottom front ones a little bit. Is this a problem? I already e-mailed my vet Angie (she is the vet that does the vet section on this forum) but I just wanted your opinions. My last chin toji had teeth problems but hers were the back teeth and she would stop eating when she was having problems. Any insight would be helpful!

P.S. He eats oxbow hay and pellets and only has wood toys bought from reputable buyers from this site, no plastic or nething.

Also, he was checked by Angie when I found him back in september and there didn't seem to be any problems!

He could have something stuck in his teeth or even have something stuck at the back of his mouth. Watch him close and get him to the vet when you can.

It's really weird to see top teeth longer than the bottoms. That could be the problem, as well...the vet may have to trim those a bit.

Back