Fleece lining questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see one layer of fleece staying down very well. The two layers are definitely more heavy and stable? I guess you would say. Just a single layer of fleece is not much and would not have very much absorbancy, either. Sure, you could use it, but unless you have it weighted down very well it'll probably be pushed around a lot and you will have to change it out very often due to lack of absorbancy.

I have mine clipped to the edges of the cage. Even two or 3 layers my boys will dig up and push into a corner. It absorbs fine though. Even right after they pee, I never see puddles roaming about. I change mine every 2-3 days and they're by no means saturated. I could leave them for longer.

I don't see one layer of fleece staying down very well. The two layers are definitely more heavy and stable? I guess you would say. Just a single layer of fleece is not much and would not have very much absorbancy, either. Sure, you could use it, but unless you have it weighted down very well it'll probably be pushed around a lot and you will have to change it out very often due to lack of absorbancy.

I was going to use little velcros to attach it, and Leo pees in one and only one spot already I don't think absorbency will be an issue. I'll see how it goes and if it doesn't work I'll go to 2. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Back