fleece liner?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurilla22

I got my chinchillas (male/female) from a friend who didn't have enough time to take care of them. She had them for about a year and they were in this tiny cage meant for one chinchilla but with no ledges, so after talking to her she said i could have them. I bought them a new cage from petsmart but I am in the process of removing the plastic ledges and replacing them with wood ones that are closer together. Right now i use Carefresh bedding and i was wondering if a Fleece liner is better for easy clean up.
Any input is greatly appreciated :)

if male and female are housed together and the male isn't fixed you can almost guarantee that you will have kits sometime soon..

but yes fleece (anti pill or blizzard) is better in my opinion for clean up.
we use fleece liners and then put a bowl of aspen bedding in the corner where our chins pee most.
and then we sweep out the hay bedding and poo every morning. and vacuum up whatever we missed.
and then every sunday we put new liners in.

Thanks! She had just one kit with the previous owner last year, so Ive been looking for signs of pregnancy.

I just switched Trixie to fleece a few weeks ago and she loves it..so do I. She does not even use her hammock for sleeping any more..she is always in her wooden hidey house to sleep.

She will continue to have kits unless you split them. I highly suggest you seperate your chins.

I currently use fleece liners and litter pans. The bedding in the pans is kline dried pine.

I also use fleece liners and i think they are awesome. I wash them every 3 days and shake them off outside everyday.

Back