First time owner questions :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LVchinchillas

Hi, I have bred chinchillas for a few years and I decided I want to embark on a new adventure. I am getting a beautiful 9 week old female hedgehog from a breeder on Saturday. Since this is my first hedgehog I have a couple of questions before I bring her home.

1st question: Caging, I see many of them in clear plastic tubs, glass tanks, or a normal wired cage. I was wondering which one do you think is the best to house them in?

2nd question: Feeding, I plan on feeding my hedgehog high quality cat food along with fruits, veggies, and insects. I was wondering what is the best cat food brand for them.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I guess I'm going to have to change my website name to LVchins&hedgies lol :)

Hedgehogs!

I now this question was awhile ago.... but here are my answers,

They need big large wire cages with lots of space and a top, I use C&C cages as do many hedgie owners. Plastic cubes are okay with very well ventilation and don't require a top because hedgehogs can not climb out.

Food wise is a different subject however, you an use many different types. But I'm guessing you already know what to use because of your question date.....
:hmm:

Back