First time hedgehog owner, Hi!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffw89

Hi, my name is Steff i am 22 and live in the North West of England, i am a graduate of english and currently saving to do my teaching degree and get my own place.

Four days ago i brought home a 2 month old baby boy hedgehog, having been talked into it by a sob story, when researching them i was contacted by a local breeder who told me about my little lad who had been homed then brought back, he had been disowned by his mum at birth and raised by an adopted mummy hedgehog who was very ill and the breeder desperately wanted to get him a home with someone who could give him the attention he needed. Enter a terrified me.

Since i got him home we get on very well when he isnt in his cage he sleeps on me and explores and has no problem being handled, in his cage is another matter.

So here i am looking for a bit of help along the road to give this poor little lad hopefully a better life than he has had so far. Incidentally he is called Brian - out of a list of 40 names put forward by friends that is the only one he doesnt huff at lol.

Thanks for reading that essay i will shush now.
=D

Hi Steff and welcome! I loved reading your "essay"! lol. Congrats on your new quilled friend. It sounds like he has had a tough start, but found a great home with you.

Welcome! Hope my billion questions an all the smart experienced owners answering them here can help you and your little one!

Back