Finley is Gone

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnShh

Hey guys...
Some of you may remember my threads about Finley over on CNQ- she was diagnosed with cancer back in May and the vet said she probably had 2-3 months left. She was a fighter- I took her back for check ups and the vet coudln't believe she was still going and acting happy. She has slowed down tremendously over the past week and I felt it was unfair to her to make her suffer any longer, so I had scheduled an appt. for Wednesday evening to have her euthanized.

Unfortunately, she did not make it that long:( She had continued to eat/drink and still wanted to explore things and wanted attention, so I didn't think she was this close... but I was awakened this morning by a horrible sound. I found Finley under her house, unable to get up but still breathing. I kept her with me for 10 minutes, when she finally passed. :angel: I felt so horrible watching her suffer for those 10 minutes, but we wouldn't have made it to the vet in time.

She made it so much longer than what was expected and was happy throughout. She was the best first hog anyone could ask for and I will miss her dearly:eek:

RIP Finley- you can live freely now.

Attachments

• finley2.jpg
    finley2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 51
  • hedge2.JPG
    hedge2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 55
im so sorry for your loss,
i know how it feels to watch your little one go, my first little girl just passed a few months back also, all our thoughts are with you.
R.I.P finley! i hope you playing with Daisy over the bridge!

I am very sorry for your loss. It is never easy to let go of something we love so much, may Finley be in peace and pain free now.

It is so hard to hold your pet while they pass. I felt so hopeless when my sweet peaches went. You were the best mommy and she held strong cause of you.:heart:

awww, this makes my heart hurt. i am glad you were there with her when she passed away. RIP beautiful Finley. <3

Oh no :( I remember reading about Finley. I am so sorry that you lost her.

RIP Finley <3

So sorry to hear about Finley, she was a beautiful girl! I'm sure she is happily playing across the rainbow bridge.

A

How wonderful that she was with the person she loved the most! your beautiful little girl is happy and heathy and playing once again. I can't help but smile at those pink ears!

Back