Ferret Nation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenjenn2005

I was wondering if once a ferret nation is assembled can it be easily collapsed down like it does when it comes in a box? I am really looking into a new cage and would love a ferret nation, but I live in an apartment now and will probably be moving to another apartment or condo next summer and just want to make sure it will be easy to move the cage, because assembled it's pretty large and would be difficult to move. Right now I have a Quality Cage and I like it because when I do move (I've moved 4 times with it now) it can all collapse down and all i have to do is replace the zip ties. Thanks!

Ehhhh not really. When we moved we just put it in the back of a pickup truck. Luckily, we got our cage on craigslist already assembled, but I've heard it is a PAIN to put together. So based on that, no, it's not easy to dis-assemble and re-assemble.

Mine came assembled as well, but I semi-disassembled it when I wanted to combine my chinchillas so that they'd be side by side. It was a lengthy process and I had people helping me! I'd stick with what you have till you're done moving, ferret nation cages are awesome minus that one fact lol

I have pulled a number of them apart to transport them home. I think it's a pretty quick and easy process. There again, I don't have a problem putting them together either.

I suggested to somebody else to save space I would just put towels, sheets and other light weight stuff inside trash bags and put those inside the cage while moving. No dead space.

I have broken mine in half before to move. Just take the top half of the cage off. Makes them much, much lighter and easier to move if you have the space. I would not want to go through fully disassembling it.

I have broken mine in half before to move. Just take the top half of the cage off. Makes them much, much lighter and easier to move if you have the space. I would not want to go through fully disassembling it.

Agreed!

I have also used the method of putting stuff inside the cage so that it didn't really take up any "space" and just left it fully put together.

Back