Ferret Nation Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuppidsarrows

So im buying a Ferret Nation 142 so excited, found it on craigslist. But I was wondering if it would be big enough to split into two and have one chin on top and the other on bottom. At the moment my little girls don't get along and thought that the FN would be easier to clean than having two seprate cages and a total of four liners. would it be big enough or should I just stick one in the ferret nation and the other in her current cage? (nothings wrong with the current cage its just huge!) Just wondering what you all had to say about it since my boyfriend and I have been arguing about it all day haha.

Yup. There are a ton of us who have their FN separated. I have a FN 143 and I have all three sections separated into 3 cages.

A 142 should be plenty big enough for 1 chin in top and one on bottom. I have my two FN's sectioned off that way right now. They have plenty of room for house, hay, shelves, hammock, etc. Mine also get some playtime so they can get out and run. (You should be fine even putting a wheel in if you wanted). I liked someone's idea, I think I have seen pictures where the middle rack was taken out and it was seperated vertically by a board so that they had lots of room to jump and get up high. I'm thinking about doing that at some point so one chin isn't stuck being on the bottom all the time. Also that way I think you would also only need one pan at the bottom? There are tons of pics on the FN Club thread of FN 142 seperated the normal way and decorated, I can't find the one where it was split vertically although I would swear I have seen it.....:hmm:

Yup. There are a ton of us who have their FN separated. I have a FN 143 and I have all three sections separated into 3 cages.
Me too. I've even got pairs in a single level and there is plenty of room.

There are tons of pics on the FN Club thread of FN 142 seperated the normal way and decorated, I can't find the one where it was split vertically although I would swear I have seen it.....:hmm:
I know what your talking about cause I have seen that picture too! Since I havent seen the cages up close I wasnt sure on the space because some pictures looked roomy and others didnt so i just wanted to know what you all thought, and win the argument with my boyfriend haha :neener:. What I would like to happen is for my girls to get along and then I could split it vertically but since my oldest is a diva we'll see what happens haha

I had my FN 142 (not 143) split into three pretty much equal sections. 1 on top, 1 on bottom and 1 taking some space from the top and bottom hopping through that little hole. I used the shelves so everyone has tons of floor and head space. Right now I have 1 pair each on the top and bottom

I found the link (finally!) after much searching. It's not an FN but I bet you could apply the same idea for splitting the cage.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12469

Yeah I could probably figure out how to apply that to a FN. If they end up not getting along splitting vertically is an amazing idea so each get an equal amount of space. But Im glad that i wont be the only one splitting the cage

Back