Favorite Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kaycoocachoo

I was wondering what everyone's hedgie's favorite treats were. I am trying out new things with my hedgies with great results, but wanted to see what everyone's favorites were. Thanks!

Duh.... mealworms.

Also, ground beef (93% lean), pork tenderloin (very rarely), chicken breast, sweet potato, apple, Blue Spa organix kibble (pieces are shaped weird so they're given as "cookies), banana... that's all I've got for now.

Mealworms
Meat Flavored Baby Food
Bananas
Strawberries
Unseasoned Chicken

Sylive loves mealies, chicken, lean beef, bacon, baby food (apple, sweet potato), & cat treats. ohh & she does like blueberries too but they make an awful mess. As does the baby food, she always seems to walk through it and then track it around her tub, the sofa or wherever she happens to be.

one word carrots. Dante loves carrots. when i give them to him he turns him self orange and walks around like hes the man. He will even pass mealworms up for some cooked carrot.

Bilbo will ONLY eat mealworms, he has a strong oppoistion towards other treats. such a silly hog!

One of my girls will only eat kibble or live bugs. Crunchy beetles are her favorite right along with mealies. My other girl will eat an occasional live mealie but baby food sweet potatoes is the only other non kibble thing she will eat.

Kiah will only eat kibble and an occasional dried mealworm but only if it's left in his food.

We used to hand feed him the worms, but he doesn't like that anymore apparently...

Fraby only likes kibble.

Nuance likes egg and chicken and mealworms. She'll annoint with baby food, but won't eat it. Occasionally she will munch on some banana... but not often.

I think my gang is just too domestic to eat meal worms. LOL. The favorite treats around here are small pieces of apple or applesauce, lean hamburger, chicken, cooked green beans, oatmeal, or a tiny bit of cottage cheese.

I haven't tried a whole lot with Hazel but plan to start. So far I know she absolutely loves meal worms (will hunt them out and slurp them up within seconds!) and wet cat food she loves too. I have given her little bits of apple which she seemed to like but not as much as the mealies or wet food. I have also given her a little banana which she liked okay.
I plan to cook her up some veggies this week.

Henry doesn't like mealworms (thankfully since I hate the **** things!) so he gets the occasional fruit or veggie treat, though he honestly likes his cat food the best. He prefers Felidae, but I mix Felidae with Premium Edge healthy weight because I know Felidae is a little high in fat (plus, I use that mixture for my cats too!). So I grab a few bits of kitty kibble when I'm hanging out with my lil' hufflebutt. He's always huffly and puffly when I first take him out, but after I give him a treat then he calms down and even lets me pet his cheek and tummy :D

I'm a bit late on this topic but I'll share too. :p

All three girls loooove meal worms. Luna likes apples, cooked carrots, banana, either yam or sweet potato I can't remember which (there's one she's not too into) and I think she had a little bit of egg white once and liked it. Kishi and Izzy are the same except they like plain turkey, chicken and hamburger too. Luna has no interest in meat.

Kishi has a weird thing for chocolate and candy, she never gets any but if it's nearby her nose starts going and she gets all puttery and excited. A friend made the mistake of leaving a roll of Certs mints in his hood pocket, she ran into the pocket, grabbed the whole roll and attempted to drag it under the couch cushions. If you have sugar on your breath too she gets all excited and tries to get in your mouth and lick at it. Another time she took off from out of his lap, got right up on me and tore a chocolate bar right out of my hand She's a funny girl. :p

Back