favorite things to bite

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellohedgie

recently junebug taken a liking biting various things. thankfully she has never bitten me or anyone else so i feel very lucky. she bites the carpet and she has spots that she runs too that are her favorite places, im guessing something is on the carpet that she likes. i really dont like her biting the carpet tho, im afraid she might tear some out and eat it. so i have to cover the spots when shes out with a book or something. she bites anything that my cats have played with. and last night she was biting the waist of my jeans by the belt loop. i always have a belt on so i dont know what could have gotten on my jeans that would make her want to bite it so much. she bites it and shakes her head like a dog and pulls back. i let her bite it for a couple minutes but i was afraid shed pinch my skin but she didnt. after biting any of these things she anoints like crazy.

wow! hedgies can bite really hard! im glad she hasn't gotten a hold of my fingers!

what are you hedgies favorite things to bite and do you know of any hedgie safe chew toys i can put in her cage?

Phoebe also likes to chew on me. My fingers, my belt, my jeans, whatever? :rolleyes: One toy I've found that she really likes to chew on is this: http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=8603 You can get a cheaper, softer kind in bulk at most pet stores, but if you're buying them for a hedgie to chew on, make sure you get the actual Spotnips ones. They are nice and firm and are just the right size for a little hedgie mouth. If your hedgie is anything like Phoebe, you'll have to keep a close eye on the condition of the toy and change it for a new one quite frequently.

Dante loves to chew on my clothes. I really dont know why but he will make a b line for my pants or shirt. He has even tried to bit there a blanket to get to my clothes. I dont think its a perfum or a laundry soap becouse my family has a tendcy to buy the cheapest at the time so its not always the same. I think its just his way of saying i loves you and i wants to smell like you. Hes such a wierd little boy.

I think its just his way of saying i loves you and i wants to smell like you. .

I would like to think that is Squee's way of "loving me" but i don't think there's any love here. Haha he's just such a grump but he loves to chew on fleece. If i hold him in a blankey he'll just chew on it the whole time. He sleeps in a bed of fleece and he'll cacoon himself in it, so when you move a flap to look at him, he shoots you the dirtiest look, then noisly grabs an edge or your finger doesn't matter to him, and pulls it back around himself. He's a little shy....

Angel has a thing for jeans too, the belt loops or the crotch lmao, also fleecy sweaters... At least those items are generally too thick for her to be able to destroy so it's all good

I give Marshmallow a ferret ball that jingles and she carries it around and chews it. Silly girl

Mine consistently goes after my bra. She'll climb up into my lap, then paw at my t-shirt until she can get herself under it, start climbing up my tummy, then I feel her tugging away at it. Silly hedgie.
She also goes after metal objects - buttons on jeans... that kind of stuff.

Penny loves my fiance's hands, like his palms and wrists. We guess she just likes his flavor! She doesn't bite hard, but her nibbles can pinch!

Heidi likes to take her fleece blanket & rrrrr it like a dog....

Zoe loves to sneak up behind our Dachshund and nip his bum, then run away.

She's very anti-social with people, so it's nice to see her having fun with the dog! And, boy do they ever have fun running around the living room together!

Why are you biting me? New hedgie.

Hi,
my name's Amanda and I just purchased my six week new salt and pepper baby, Hubert. It has been extremely rough trying to get him out of the cage these first two days. But once I put him down to have quality time with him he seems to be quieting down, besides when I touch him on his quills he hisses at me. But whenever I put him down he sort of searches around my hand and bites it numerous times. What does this mean and is there a toy anyone would recommend to decrease the biting and help relax him?

Amanda.

Back