eye drops yikes! !

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirazak

Took Charlie the vets today wasn't very happy!! She has mild conjuctivitus :( was given some drops but they gave her a jab as well because they said I'd probably struggle with getting the drops in so would need a shorter dose! Any ideas on best way to hold a chin and put drops in ( 3 times a day) .Any suggestions would be great full shes not a big fan of being held for long :(

You'll probably have to burrito wrap her and have someone help you. If you search for burrito wrap on the forum you'll find it explained a bunch. Good luck! Oh yeah, be very careful to wash your hands very well after you handle her, or you'll end up with conjunctivitis too.

Seem to be managing drops easier than I thought she's being so good. I have noticed that she is keeping one of her eyes shut. She's only been on drops for a couple of days. Should I bathe it with warm water or just leave it?

You want to get the eye open, a warm damp cloth should do the trick. Just hold it on for a few seconds and then slowly try to open it. If it doesn't open then hold the cloth on a bit more. If you're not able to get it open I would call the vet to see what they say.

Back