Exciting!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ServantofBlueberry

So after a few months of looking for just the right girl to adopt and bring into our house, and hopefully br a lifelong friend of Blueberry, I will be going to get Nova tomorrow. She is a little cute Ebony who is two years old. Right around Blueberry's age :) Im super excited. I know I have to keep the new girl in quarantine for about three weeks, and after that I know I need to keep their cages apart, moving them a little closer every week. I do wonder though, how will I know its safe to try and introduce them.... and should I do it in the bathroom or somewhere that is fresh territory? Blueberry has never been around another chin, so will she have obvious behavior that lets me know she has no interest in hanging with the new chick??? Also, in a worst case type thing, if I introduce them and the fur starts to fly, whats the best way to deal with a chinny fight??? Thanks for any help!!

Oh yes, and after weeks of Blueberry sitting on top of her new cuddle tube, and not going inside she has finally decided she really likes sleeping in there, so here is a picture of me disturbing her lol :)

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 32
Congrats on your new babies.

I think the quarantine period is actually 30 days.
You should defiantly look up different introduction method and try them all. One might not work, while the other might.

I know cage swapping before playtime introductions is another way. So they are used to each others scents.

Some chasing is normal during introductions.

Back