Exaggerated Yawn?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcr

I have one kit that every time I get out of the cage does an exaggerated yawn. She has done this since the day she was born. She is an otherwise sweet and friendly little girl, so I'm curious what she's trying to tell me. It seems like it might be "Look at the size of my chompers!"

I tried to get a picture of her doing it but it turned out really blurry.
X13060709.jpg

hmm... least it's easy to check on her teeth quickly? Looks like a cutie!! :D

hmmm. when we yawn it is because our breathing has slowed because we are either tired, or trying to wake up. Maybe she has trouble waking up?

I think yawning is confusing , it can mean that chins are happy and can also be a sign of showing who is boss. So maybe your chin just do not like when you get her out of the cage?

Well, duh, obviously you are boring her to tears.

Tap dance or something.................<snicker>

Boring her to tears at 4 weeks old?.......sigh.....and to think all this time I've been believing that the chins would be easier to please then my children. :cry3:
;)

heheh that's gotta be one of the cutest (and funniest!) chin pics I've ever seen! What a cheeky wee girl!!

That is cute! She just likes to flash those chompers...lol :)

So cute! Kenai does the yawn-and-stretch fairly often when he's sleepy/waking up... it's so endearing! Our hamster does it too :))

Back