Exact Colors?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maha's Chins

Hi, I am a little confused about the exact colors of my Chin's, I was told that Mrs. Puff is light ebony, but someone else called her a charcoal, and Mrs. Freckles ( with freckles on her ears, is that normal) was said to be light tan, but someone else pointed that she's not tan, can you guy's help me with identifying their proper colors kindly, they both appear slightly lighter in photos because of the flash, and Mrs. Freckles also have light red eye's when exposed to light otherwise they appear greyish brown. Thanks.

Attachments

• 85881.jpg
    85881.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 44
  • 819343_.jpg
    819343_.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 43
  • radar.jpg
    radar.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 40
Charcoals are commonly found in the UK. They are extrememly rare in the USA. Most likely she is a light ebony. A ebony wraps all the way around so there isn't a white stomach. The other chin is either a biege or a tan. A beige is the stomach is white or tan if it is the same all the way around.

Actually Mrs. Puff ( the light ebony one, has a lighter belly it's not same color as her top coat, but i'll have to check again to be sure, and with the other chin Mrs. Freckles, her belly is lighter than her top coat, and if you hold her in daylight her top coat has golden highlights which is totally adorable :cute:

Thanks, I think I am satisfied with light ebony, and beige :) I tried identifying colors through Google search but It was so confusing, and I don't even understand why the terms homo or hetero are used in terms of coloring.

Charcoals are commonly found in the UK. They are extrememly rare in the USA. Most likely she is a light ebony. A ebony wraps all the way around so there isn't a white stomach. The other chin is either a biege or a tan. A beige is the stomach is white or tan if it is the same all the way around.

Oh! and another question, why my beige chin has these pink freckles on her ear's, is it normal? I don't usually see freckles on ears on most chins.

Some people use the term charcoal for hetero ebonies since it resembles a grayer color than jet black, which is homo ebony. "Charcoal" in the UK is something different than that.

Back