Evacuation Plans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enough carriers and would be able to get everyone out in about 15 to 20 minuets

I was in a fire my freshman year in college, we weren't even able to all of the people out a good friend was lost that night. I don't want you not to have plans, but to practice them as realistically as you can. Do it in the middle of the night with the lights off blindfolds on and for realism you could put some pepper spray on the inside of the blindfold. Then stuff a wet rag in your mouth to slow down the air getting into your lungs, then try to think and catch chins that a freaked out at least much as you are. Remember the smoke will kill you long before the fire. If you have people that love you or rely on you will they want you or the chins you died trying to save?

It's a scary thought and process to have too move chinchillas.
We have a small cage in which the pair can go in and we have a small portable pet cage we can take one chin in.
Just make sure if you have a small heard, keep the car air conditioned well and make sure there secure and keep them company.

That's what I do and mine are just fine. :=)

Back