Empress Chinchilla Educational Seminar

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have fun everyone, sorry to miss this! Crissy and Christianne, try to restain yourselves from drawing on Dee's face while she sleeps!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, just rough combed the chins I am delivering and bringing for demo purposes. That's as good as they'll get - too pressed for time this month! :)

Juanita you do not want them perfect for demo purposes. You also want a mix of all kinds of different qualities good and bad if possible. Thou with all the great animals you have the bad is probably impossible!

Trust me Randy -they are far from perfect! Lol (but thanks for the compliment)!

I wasn't going to comb but Maxine suggested at least a combing. Eh...it is what it is!

LOL, she should be fine, she is driving from her place.

Will miss you Brandy :)

Just as well that I decided to skip on this, with all the handfeeding I am doing, I would have had to cancel anyway. Have a great time, and you guys can coach me later on, lol!

What a great day! Thank you to all who came and participated and made the day such a success. We had many wonderful comments on the day’s activities.

Thank you to Dr. Ed Bonnette from Hubbard feeds for explaining how feeds are formulated and made. Dave Evans walked us through his Computer Program for Chinchilla. Gene Adcock shared his insights on Water Quality and demonstrated Grooming for a Show. Ralph Shoots covered Complementary Matings, Fresh air and Characteristics of the Chinchilla. He also shared some history of how things have progressed within the Chinchilla industry over the years.

Thanks to our Judges – Gene Adcock, Maxine Lynch, Jim Ritterspach and Ralph Shoots for the education they shared with everyone while working for several hours with the ranchers under the show lights with animals and pelts.

Thank you to Maxine Lynch for sharing her Chinchilla creations and teaching how to make them. She also presented the guidelines of becoming an Empress Judge and show Ethics and Terminology. She also covered Improving Production and Maintaining Health with Lactobacillus and Vit C.

A special thank you to Jim and Amanda Ritterspach and Bob and June Baar for their animal donations for the animal raffle. Lucky winners were Gene Adcock and Juanita Hendryx.

I was the lucky winner of the 50/50 raffle…after I remembered I had purchased tickets when no one claimed the winning ticket.

Ranchers were in attendance from Kansas, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Indiana, California, Tennessee and Ohio.

We wish everyone a safe trip home and hope to see you at functions in the future.

When things settle a bit – we will share a few pictures. I think Tiffany also took some.

Barbara
http://www.shootschinchilla.com

Sorry Christiane - Yes, Canada was very well represented by you.

I quickly typed the state list off a sheet passed around for people to sign with their city and state. Somehow you did not add your name to the list.
We were very happy you came and I see Tiffany has you documented in her pictures.

Barbara

Here are a few pictures from the day.

Thank you all for participating and helping throughout the day.

It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Looking forward to future events.

DSCF1348...jpg

DSCF1349..m.jpg

DSCF1351..m.jpg

DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1353...jpg

Barbara

Last edited:
Back