Edgar Growing Up

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazicat

Edgar has been with us for a little over a month and a half and I have to say things are going great. He's an absolute ball of energy that has a curiousity that never stops. Everything must be tasted but we are lucky our little guy likes wood and have made sure he has plenty. We also have our moments where he will let us pet him but they are moments as he's young and has places to go. We aren't sure where they always are but he seems to.

Some of my favorite things is the way he shoves my hand away if I try and give snuggles when he's sleepy. I love out time when he goes wild jumping all over the tub and popcorning. It's very cute that he always checks in with us and likes for us to play tag with him and our hands.

It's also really cute to see him fling himself onto the side of his cage and hang there. He knows that there is a very good chance he will get attention or an out if he does this. Who couldn refuse a cute little chinchilla belly like that.

I am amazed at how much Edgar has grown. He weighed 364g at the vets and now he is 520g and it's been just under a month and a half. We also wonder if there is another spurt coming on as he is eating a lot of hay and pellets.

And since I've gone on and on I won't delay any longer. Here are some photos of our dear Edgar.

Attachments

• Edgar 1.07.10 B.jpg
    Edgar 1.07.10 B.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Edgar 1.21.10 1.jpg
    Edgar 1.21.10 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Edgar 1.21.10.jpg
    Edgar 1.21.10.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Edgar 1.25.10 B.jpg
    Edgar 1.25.10 B.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Edgar 1.25.10 F.jpg
    Edgar 1.25.10 F.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 55
Here's one more to show him from the top and one that's just cute.

Attachments

• Edgar 1.25.10 C.jpg
    Edgar 1.25.10 C.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Edgar 1.25.10 E.jpg
    Edgar 1.25.10 E.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 34
Sooo cute! Love the one with him poking his head through the box. He looks quite spoiled! You are lucky to have found each other.

Thank you all for the kind comments!

We really love our Edgar and we think he's the cutest chin. Better yet he has a personality that is really sweet but full of spunk.

Edgar is very well treated and I love that there are people who sell chin stuff on the board. He's getting a FN cage this weekend so I bought a lot of wood and toy making supplies. He loves wood and thankfully hasn't chewed any material. I'm sewing fleece and my husband will be making shelves so he will soon be living like a king.

Here are a few photos of Edgar getting weighed. He loves sitting on the scale because he gets a rare treat. I'm pretty amazed at his willingness to learn this as we didn't try too hard.

Attachments

• Edgar 1.28.10 A.jpg
    Edgar 1.28.10 A.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Edgar 1.28.10 B.jpg
    Edgar 1.28.10 B.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 11
  • Edgar 1.28.10 C.jpg
    Edgar 1.28.10 C.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Edgar is so handsome and adorable!! We've only had our chins for about 5 weeks as well, and we're really enjoying watching and learning - they are SO entertaining!

We think Edgar is beautiful too but his personality is so awesome. Yesterday my brother moved out so we were able to put Edgar's playpen up. At first he was scared so I opened the pen door so he could come to me. He did out of comfort but was soon jumping all over. I love that he trusts me enough to come over as if to say "is it okay mom?". He's such a cutie.

Back