Ear Tag?!? [PIC] Finally took the time to read it

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.murphy518

I love my chinchildren!
Okay so I got my first two chins (bonded pair) a little over a year ago off of craigslist. The previous owner said they were 3 year old brothers. They both have really nice fur (in my opinion) that isn't gappy or anything and its always very fluffy and smooth, plus they are in perfect health and they have great temperaments. All of this made me think they were from a breeder originally, rather than a pet store or other source.

One of them has an ear tag that I never took the time to read until now. Now, I don't know anything about breeders so I thought some of you could help me find out where my little boys/boy came from, I am really curious!

On the back of the tag it says CLC

On the front of the tag it says what looks like 7 5, although the first digit is kind of weird looking. I only could take a pic of the front cause he wasn't too thrilled about me messing with his bling :hilarious:

So here is the pic:

IMG_3080_zps16d319f9.jpg

If possible I would love to find out how old he really is and any other info about him, is that possible from just the tag? Thanks!

Last edited:
The only CLC brand I could find was an MCBA breeder, Chenlouchins. I've never heard of them personally, but maybe someone else has more information. Ear tags don't really mean much in terms of DOB, parentage, etc. and not all breeders document what ear tags go on what animal. If anything, its a start.

Looks like the ranch brand is for Chenlouchins. If they are still breeding and they keep good records they should be able to tell you the information you are looking for.

Last edited:
Great thanks! I looked it up and they don't have an active website so they may no longer be breeding I guess. I did find a phone number so I may try calling that after New Years. Thanks for the info!

Back