dust houses?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawn, that is awesome! I am totally getting one. LOVE the idea.

We have some push-pull dusters for the runs, and then we have a plastic-ish container that has an open top and high sides (I dunno what you'd use it for, storing cds in the case?) that we put in the larger cages. We also have a 9x9 metal baking pan that they just looove that we use as well.

I have some biggie chins and they appreciate the ability to flip and roll around the litter container.

I have some biggie chins and they appreciate the ability to flip and roll around the litter container.

We typically use open-topped containers (because our lil devils never want to come out of those plastic dust houses), but the dust always gets everywhere. Which, don't get me wrong, I expect, but it would be nice if not everything in the chin playpen had a 2 inch layer of chin dust on top of it. 1 inch would be much better, haha. Plus, the stuff that we use to dust them in typically has low sides, so a lot of the dust flies out and is wasted... Love the idea, and I am totally getting one. You are a genius *bows down*

I use a small litter box because my boy is chunky and doesn't like to crawl through the hole of the plastic dust house. I love the covered litter box idea, I may have to try that, cause he is very messy!

Back