Dust build up in the ears?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llittlebllonde

Is there such a thing as too much dust build up in chin ears? The amount in her ears seems to be more noticeable when it was not the first few weeks I had her.

Sprocket gets a dust bath every other day or every third day depending on how much I handle her. Last night she got one because she peed in her carrier while I cleaned her cage :/ I have only seen her pee outside her cage once the first time she had playa time here. But I guess that is beside the point lol

Should I be concerned about ear dust?

^^the things you never think you will ever ask lol

For how long does she have access to her dust bath?

I've never heard of such a thing being an issue, but with chins, we're always learning! Maybe some one else might have some input??

Chins normally shake off any dust but and I've never noticed any problems. It shouldn't build up unless there is moisture in the ears. Do you use anything on her ears, by chance? I know some owners put Bag Balm or vitamin E oil on their chin ' s easy to combat dry skin but that can cause dust to stick.

She only has access to her bath for 5 or 10 minutes. Not using anything on her ears, but it rains here a lot and perhaps my house is a bit humid. I don't notice it but there was condensation on my window the other day. I am considering a dehumidifier.

Back