dumbest thing your chin has ever done

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooo... I've got one. You know those SuperPet bath houses everyone has? Well the girls have a cute pink one. One of the first few weeks I had the girls Pixie was in the dustbath dusting away and Trixie climbed on top of the dustbath. Which is a feet in itself with it's slopped roof... And then she attempted to take a dustbath, on top of the house. She made it half a roll before falling right off the house. I was fighting laughter and running to check on her at the same time. Both of them also regularly try to take a dustbath right outside of the house... or try to do so together in the same house. Silly girls.

Hmm...the dumbest thing Ernie has probably done was jump onto a large box I had in my room that he thought would have a flat surface...he fell straight into it! I couldnt stop laughing! He got so upset...

He also has this terrible habit of running with me wherever I go in my room. Can we say death by chinchilla? I've almost kicked him a few times...xD

My chinchilla pablo

I let him out to play one day and could find him few minutes later felt something crawing up my jeans i don't know how he manege it but iot was so funny

I'm not sure if this is dumb, lazy or ridiculously smart but Vincenza runs on her wheel, waits for it to slow down and then puts her little teeth on it.

I think she's filing them down. On the wheel. While it's moving.

We're still pretty what the heck about it.

I was cleaning the room one day while CheChe was out running around, and didn't notice for a couple minutes that she fell into a mesh hamper I have for her dirty fleece. It was empty, but when she was in she couldn't find a way out. She wasn't scared, but it was so funny to see her face as she pushed on the mesh looking for a way out. I can imagine her thinking "How do I get out of this magical force field?" LOL

All three of my girls have over calculated their jumps onto the rim of the bath. It's amusing to watch them fly over. Button often jumps into the tub and then pretends she can't get back out. She sits down and starts chirping at me. All she wants is for me to pick her up and carry her out.

I'm not sure if this is dumb, lazy or ridiculously smart but Vincenza runs on her wheel, waits for it to slow down and then puts her little teeth on it.

I think she's filing them down. On the wheel. While it's moving.

We're still pretty what the heck about it.

I think it's all three

Boromir was in his playpen and tried to jump from the edge of the opening of his cage to the top of his play house, but it turned out to be an epic fail and he smushed himself against the side of the house instead.

He ended up being fine but I could tell he was embarrassed! :)

My boys have a ceramic bath, the one that's shaped like a chin. Well, Zoidberg used to be very hefty and he would get himself stuck in it! He is much slimmer and healthier now, so he thinks he can fit in it at the same time as Rufus now! Poor Rufus is usually flipping around minding his own business and all of a sudden Zoid is on top of him. Thankfully he hasn't tried this lately, I'm hoping he figured out that it doesn't work.

OMG.

I crashed out on the couch last night, it's a good thing I did too. This really weird sound woke me up. I looked over at Vincenza's cage and could just make out a little white blob and a brown-ish gray blob. I thought something like a rat had got into her cage and it gave me a heart attack.

So I banged on the cage, didn't seem to have startled whatever it was. Ok. I opened the door and poked my hand in, she had her little head caught in a coconut we got for her!

The weird sound was the coconut banging against her house as she tried to shake it off. Poor thing :(

I held it still so she could pop her little head out. She managed it pretty easily when it was stable and ran off to her tube after. Needless to say, Vincenza will not be getting any more coconuts to chew on.

Oh no! Poor little Vincenza! Glad mom was close by to save the day. Maybe break the coconut into pieces for her to chew on if she really likes it.

My little Wakka is 7 months old and she does all kinds of silly stuff but the funniest was last week. During playtime I put out all kinds of things for them to play with. Well I have a couple of hidey houses that I put out and Wakka likes to sit on my dinning room table chairs so I put one right by it so she can jump up on the chair. It had been in the same spot for months. Well little Miss Wakka went to jump on the chair and miscalculated her jump and hit the bottom of the chair well I do believe she was embarrassed because after her failed jump she ran off and smashed head first into the chair leg and ran and hid underneath Yazy and Binx's cage.....lol When I finally got her to come out she was fine. It was kinda like she was saying you DID NOT just see that...lol Then after that she sat on top of that hidey house for like 10 mins staring up at the chair like she was trying to figure out what went wrong.....

Also she thinks she can fly and is probably wondering why her wings don't work....lol

We're thinking Cinnamon maybe isn't as smart as Vincenza. She was chewing on a ledge and scooted for more ledge and scooted for more ledge and... fell off the ledge.

We're glad we have the hammock.

Out of my chins I think Molly tops them all in doing the dumbest things. She tried to "get away" from me by first running like crazy on her flying saucer, she tripped on her own feet flew off and ran frantically for her ledge where she miscalculated her jump and fell flat on her belly with her legs all outstretched. I couldn't help but laugh at her! She was okay but boy did she give me the evil eye for a while.

This thread is awesometastic!!

Zipper will jump to the top corner of the cage and hold on like SpiderMan when he wants attention - his nose will poke out through the top

We have Ezio and Altair's cage covered with shelves since Altair is an amputee. However! Ezio has figured out how to run and slide so he can "fall" from the top of the cage to the bottom.

Altair sleeps with his leg out through the bars. I mean, he's got his leg wrapped around a bar. Scares the jeebers out of me!!

In the Secret Santa exchange this year, the boys got a pretty set of fleece furniture. YouBe and Nova got the fleece tube and hammock and Crash got the cube house with the nice pillow inside. So where does he sleep?

Wedged between the top half of the FN cage and the roof of the cube house, clinging to the hanger for dear life. I don't think he's been *in* the cube house once. If he's not on top of the cube house (falling half out of it and waking up kecking to scramble back onto it), he's tipped over the flower pot for his hay and sleeps with his head in that with his backside hanging out. But, he can't see me, so I can't see him, right?

Moose spills out of cage, regularly. I say spill because he doesn't freak out, flail, try to right himself, etc. He will just be standing at the cage doors and his clumbsy self will just plop right out. When he lands, he'll just sit in the same spot and look around like nothing happened. This is why he's on the BOTTOM half of my FN's, and I always keep a step stool right below his cage. *sigh*

Moose spills out of cage, regularly. I say spill because he doesn't freak out, flail, try to right himself, etc. He will just be standing at the cage doors and his clumbsy self will just plop right out. When he lands, he'll just sit in the same spot and look around like nothing happened. This is why he's on the BOTTOM half of my FN's, and I always keep a step stool right below his cage. *sigh*

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Moose's brother Bailey isn't clumsy, but he frequently makes suicide jumps out of the cage. Luckily I caught him in midair every time when he was on top of the FN. After about 3 jumps in a row I moved him to the bottom level. Also unlike Moose, Bailey wont sit still when he lands. His feet barely hit the ground and he's off like a rocket.

PS Stack- we need a playchin photo shoot soon!

Back