Does this look like ringworm?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole1987

I have a little guy that keeps biting at his tail and I found a little bald spot with scaly skin . I was wondering if it might be ringworm?

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
  • IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
Unfortunately none of those pics are clear, so it's hard to tell what it looks like. That is not a common spot for ringworm though, ringworm is more common around the face or privates where it's a moist area that promotes the fugal growth. Does he normally get his tail wet, like sits in his pee or drippy water bottle? More common for a bald spot there is either rubbing the fur off sticking his tail through the bars, or an injury and he is biting it because it hurts. I would keep an eye on it and if the bald spot gets bigger or looks worse a vet visit would be a good idea.

Thank you so much. I will certainly keep an eye on it. It is relatively small now and the only reason I noticed it was because he kept twisting around and biting at it.

So, it looks like he’s been biting at it more. I was able to get a better picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Back