Do you feel safe in America?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I was wondering if people took me less seriously as a forgiener because of the "Where did our freedoms go?" thread. The woman who started that thread wasn't jumped on, and she was a local. And she and I are wondering the same thing. But I get jumped on....? Maybe I didn't word things nicley enough?

No I'm not meaning to be prejudice against an entire country, I know good people who live all over America that I really respect.

And yeah, I would feel a little insulted if people said "God Bless Canada". #1 because its a bit egocentric. Why not just ask to bless the whole world? #2. because Canada is just a title. It will fade some day, like anything else. #3 Not everyone in Canada believes in God, and they too are taking God out of everyday life. So its kind of a moot point.

Why is it egocentric to ask God to bless one entity? I will not be here forever, but I and other people have asked God to bless me. Just because someone does not believe in God does not mean that others don't want the best for them and if they they think the best comes in blessings from a heavenly being, then let them ask away.

Your initial (and follow-up) posts came across the same way I have heard a lot of European teenagers talk about the US. They don't know us, don't understand us, and their governments developed very differently than we did as a country, so they can say what they want about us being uneducated (too bad we have some of the best schools in the world and the highest rates of college attendance), cowboys, and hicks, but we know who we are as a country and while we have been attacked for who we are, it is by people who hate our way of life, and they can go straight to ****.

Well guys, I never meant to offend any of you. I just wanted to know if y'all felt safe or not. a simple yes or no would have sufficed. I dont understand why that question would be insulting. If you asked me that question about Canada, I wouldn't have taken it offensively, and would have given you a good answer. Some other folks on here do agree with me, but don't like talking about such controversial topics in public, which is fine. Honestly, If I was patriotic to my own country, I would love feedback from others to see what my country and I should work on to grow together, and move forward in a positive light.

And about the military, I think its very heroic that they lay their lives on the line every day. Its amazing that they go across the seas to fight for the safety of their future generations. However, in the state the economy is in, it looks like America needs to regroup itself. Invest in itself. That would be a great move.

If so many people are offended by me, then just ask the moderators to close the thread.

Also, I was not refferring to the "Zero Tolerance" Thread, I was referring to the "Rights our Nation was based on" Thread. If you havn't read it, please do. Its an old thread, and I never commented on it, but its a great read.

The initial question isn't the big problem.

I feel like this whole thing is just a self fulfilling prophecy. You ask a controversial question and people get insulted and then you insinuate because no one takes you seriously because you're a foreigner. So creating a spark with Americans, you get them riled up and then get to say "look at all the crazy Americans".

That's my general feeling on the subject. I could list all of the generalizations and things I've found personally insulting if you'd like. I know how much you like to know what's wrong with things so you can fix them and get an outsider's opinion. ;)

Maybe the reason you don't feel that you can count on your fellow Americans to watch your back is because there are so few left where you live. Illegal immigrants don't count in my book.

While I appreciate the hedgie bag shout out, I have to say, that comment is extremely biased/racist. The number of illegals arrested by the Border Patrol at the Tucson Sector dropped by 40% this year which is a clear indication of the lesser number of illegals crossing/living in the USA.

I live in a border town, San Diego, and illegal immigration is high. I ALWAYS feel I can count on my fellow Americans, as well as legals/illegals, to watch my back.

I adore Mexico. I have fished there extensively and I rely heavily on their expertise and accommodations. No, I don't go to the border towns as I used to, even though they are very close to San Diego (Tijuana, Rosarito, or Ensenada), but I still frequent the Mexican hospitality in Cabo San Lucas, Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo.

As with any new country…you should always watch your back, but to be fearful of a particular "country" such as the USA is downright silly.

Reading just the first 3 pages of this debate I honestly can say that indeed the subject of the Thread is and INSULT! In fact I find it in a way of a treat asking individuals whom were born and raised in America or born in other countries and raised in America if they feel safe in their own home, their friends, their family, their neighbor and community.
No I was not born in America, but I sure was raised in America. Indeed there are some down falls, but what country doesn't have down falls? Yet you are here to believe that with the direction our country is heading will lead to disaster? If I feel that the United States of America is an unsafe country for me to raise my daughter or I feel unsafe the minute I walk out of my door steps I would be packing my stuff and flying back to where I was born. GUESS I'M STILL NOT PACKING AM I BECAUSE I FEEL SAFE TO CALL AMERICA MY HOME!
We are not loners here. I have problems finding a friend's or family's phone number on my cell phone because there is close to 200 people on my phone book.
My biggest question I have is "Why do you come to the US if you don't feel safe?" Even if your husband is from the US and he doesn't feel safe, why bother coming over the border? Stay in your safe zone.
I'm not trying to be mean about this, but really? Did you have to put a thread to ask people if they feel safe in their own country? OMG!

What's wrong with being a cowboy? ;)

I say 'God bless us all' all the time. It's almost like a swear for me when I say it.

There are a lot of people from other countries that do not understand us at all. I've had a lot of exposure to people, who look down on us. When it comes down to it, where do they go to school to educate themselves? Here in the good ole USA.

The original question was about feeling safe. I don't feel safe. There's a lot of violence that really frightens me. It could be that I feel that way because of where I live. People kill each other over drugs and whatever else. It doesn't feel very safe. Then again the desert isn't exactly a safe place by definition - no water, tough terrain, heat, snakes, etc. We have to be pretty tough to endure it all.

With all the rampant population growth out here there's fights over land, water and pretty much everything else. That doesn't feel safe because it seems like our way of life is being pulled away from us. Local governments can take away land and people's houses through eminent domain to hand over to developers without the owners having much say. Well, they get fair market value, so I guess that makes it more legal.

This is a pretty scary country when you look at all the rights that seem to be slipping out of our hands! I'd tell you all about what has happened to us out here, but that would take way too long. We have had to fight for our way of life and our rights to our property over the last few years. These experiences have not made me feel safe and comfortable at all.

Honestly, If I was patriotic to my own country, I would love feedback from others to see what my country and I should work on to grow together, and move forward in a positive light.
I personally don't see where many other countries have any right to tell us we should be doing differently. England is letting their laws be subverted by Sharia law; Greece, Spain, and Italy are in the economic toilet, and in Canada, armored trucks are being robbed by morons with pepper spray.

And about the military, I think its very heroic that they lay their lives on the line every day. Its amazing that they go across the seas to fight for the safety of their future generations. However, in the state the economy is in, it looks like America needs to regroup itself. Invest in itself. That would be a great move.
The US (America is 2 whole continents), needs to stop investing in itself with money it does not have. It needs to downsize the federal government drastically and stop taking cues from Europe and countries that were owned by Europe until the 80's. However, whether you support the wars or not, unconditional pull-outs would leave a power vacuum that would be filled by the first tinpot dictator that came along.

"I also wanna add that I don't feel safe when I cross the border to Canada! When I go to Canada, I get weird vibes the moment my bumper touches the border."
That's sarcasm if you haven't caught that. If someone from another country asked you if you felt safe in your own country, I guarantee you will feel as INSULTED as we all feel here!

"I also wanna add that I don't feel safe when I cross the border to Canada! When I go to Canada, I get weird vibes the moment my bumper touches the border."
That's sarcasm if you haven't caught that. If someone from another country asked you if you felt safe in your own country, I guarantee you will feel as INSULTED as we all feel here!

Last time I went to Canada, I could feel my testosterone level dropping as I crossed the border. j/k. Maybe.

Last time I went to Canada, I could feel my testosterone level dropping as I crossed the border. j/k. Maybe.

:hilarious: Well reading this thread is making my blood boiling lol.
Oh did I mention I live only 7 hours from Canada border. Guess I better start buying dead bolts for my doors huh. Just in case someone feels unsafe and break in needing a hiding spot you know.

:hilarious: Well reading this thread is making my blood boiling lol.
Oh did I mention I live only 7 hours from Canada border. Guess I better start buying dead bolts for my doors huh. Just in case someone feels unsafe and break in needing a hiding spot you know.

I live 750 miles from Canadia, 850 miles from Mexico, and 100 miles from the population center of the US. If being on US soil makes anyone uneasy it should be me! Right in the middle.

I live 750 miles from Canadia, 850 miles from Mexico, and 100 miles from the population center of the US. If being on US soil makes anyone uneasy it should be me! Right in the middle.

:rofl: Well that just means you'll get the last bang. :thumbsup:
Funny part about this thread, is that I have a LOT of friends that moved to the US and they tell me they rather live here than back home. :hmm: Makes you wonder you know on where the safety lies or loneliness lies on the op's question. OH well.

I apologize, I haven't read this entire thread, just bits and pieces throughout, but I live 20 minutes from the Canadian border, and have always felt safe, whether here at home in the USA, or when visiting Canada. I tend to have the "trust no one" mentality, but I really have never had a reason to be fearful.

There is no other place in the world that I would rather live, and I feel extremely lucky to live in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back