Divided/stacked cages?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm looking for a cage that's not too wide, but is divided/stacked. I have a cage that can do this (not very well, but it can) and it's way too wide. It takes up so much floor space! I'm trying to keep my older chinchilla Pikachu separated from my male, but I don't want two cages taking up floor space. I want something that is taller than wide, but spacious enough for two chinchillas per floor. Do any of you have such a thing? Or know where I can get one? I've looked online, and there is one I like, and although the maker said he doesn't make them anymore, he would make me one. But, I was just wondering if there were any other options. I want solid shelves and a deep tray, and bar spacing for kits. If any of you know of anything, please let me know! I can't be the only one in this situation!

Thanks!! :)

Not sure how big is too big, but the ferret nation (1" bar spacing) or critter nation 1/2" bar spacing) are very common on this forum. Each unit can house two chinchillas and you can get the single unit, double stacked or triple stack.

Each unit is approximately 3 feet wide by 2feet deep and tall, I believe.

You can have them all separate or there is a small rectangular opening for them to go between units.

Most people order bass pans for a deeper edge.

If you're looking for bar spacing for kits, a double CN is your best bet. They're usually easy to acquire and can function as one large cage or two separate stacked cages. I believe you can keep two chins on one level. The pans that come with aren't great but are easily replaced with deeper metal pans.

Back