Dehydrated Fruit?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magyk

We tend to dehydrate banana and thin slices of apple for the rabbits as treats and I was wondering if any of these would be okay to feed Magyk? Rarely and extremely small pieces, of course, but she always looks so jealous when I'm going down to treat the buns.

Right now she gets shredded wheat and rosebuds, that's pretty much it for treats (Until I find rose hips somewhere local). So would a little sliver of dehydrated apple be alright?

Chinchillas should not have fruit or veggies of any kind. That includes dried. The sugars in fruits can cause severe digestive issues.

unfortunately this questions keeps coming up, but dehydrated or not, fruits and veggies are not ok for chins. You can add plain cheerios, oats, chin cookies and/or chinnie salad to your treat list, but really, chins don't need any treats. It just makes us feel good! :)

Alright, I won't give her any. Just going to have to deal with the looks I get when she knows I'm giving the bunnies treats!

If you really cant stand the "looks", (and I get these looks form my chins too when I treat my pigs to their veggies and fruit) , try giving her one of her chinny approved treats at the same time. It works every time! :)

Back