Cut tail help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirazak

Hi my baby angel got her tail stuck under the sofa. I managed to lift it and she got out and just carried on running about like a loony as normal!! I have just given them there treat and noticed she has a cut on her tail where she was trapped and the fur has come away from round the wound. She seems fine in herself still eating as normal and jumping about I don't know what to do I feel so bad. Should I take her to the vets or keep an eye on her see how she goes I have managed to bathe it. I've not put there sand bath in as I don't want her to get anything in it. pleeease I feel really bad for her ( I'm such a wimp!!)

Clean the cut with a little soap and water on a rag. If it has stopped bleeding and does not look too severe, just keep it clean and keep an eye on it. If it starts looking irritated, red, or infected, take her to the vet.

This might be helpful:

http://www.davidson-chinchillas.co.uk/pages/basic_wound_management.php

Hopefully it's just a skin scrape and will heal without problems - keep a close eye on the wound and make sure the chin isn't nibbling at the wound. If you're worried, then a trip to the vets is worthwhile.

The other thing which is great for minor wounds is Galen's Garden Green Cream. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a good one to keep in your chinny first aid kit (works on humans too!).

Thanks for advise think I may have panicked slightly lol ! She's fine cut seems to be healing nicely just looks like she may have took top layer of skin from some of her tail but doesn't look sore :) have given them both there dust bath today think they missed it went straight into cage when I shook it didn't have usual wait till I get to them and them bounce off the wall and run off for five minutes :-0

Back