Cupcakes and frosting?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I have a book with a ton of them in it but Ive only made a couple...My favorite ones are really simple and taste amazing with cinnamon cream cheese frosting:

Apple Streusel

Batter:
1 Yellow cake mix
2 Large eggs
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 Can (21oz) of Apple pie filling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cake mix, eggs, lemon extract, and apple pie filling. Pour into paper cups. For a CAKE of this receipe it calls to bake for 42-47 min so I had to guess on the time for cupcakes...my other cookbooks say 20min is an average depending on your oven...I would follow the timeline on the cake mix box for cupcakes and just check on them a little early.

The frosting is easy, just search "cinnamon cream cheese frosting" is how I found mine...I use crm chz, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon...I don't use butter in mine and its amazing.

(You can make yellow cake mix from scratch)
For 12 cupcakes:
1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola or corn oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl- set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer (med speed) beat the egg and yolk and sugar until thickened and lightened to a cream color (about 2 min). Don't skimp here - this is essential to the texture. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. on low speed, mix in the oil and vanilla until blended. Mix in the sour cream until no white streaks remain. Mix in the flour mixture until it's incorporated and the batter is smooth. The batter is ready to bake or for additions such as fruit, nuts or other flavorings.

Crazy Cake

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups cold water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in 9x13-inch baking pan.

Make 3 holes in the mixture and pour vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla in the holes (each in a separate hole).

Then pour 2 cups cold water over all and stir with fork mixing completely.

Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Frosting:

1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
2 tablespoons milk

You can add cocoa to taste as well, to make chocolate frosting.

Back