crying?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcoronaangel

I had a chinchilla in quarantine for 30 days she showed no signs of being sick so I brought her into my room with my other chinchillas. The first night she did this kind of beep exhale and then cried a few times after she did this for a good hour.
I took her out of the cage decided to give her some liquid antibiotic one dose just in case I took her back into quarantine (though I realize that was no help since she had been in the room with my chins for a few hours but still). She spent another week in the quarantine room I went out every night and visited her I never witnessed her do the noise or cry again. Talked to my vet he said if she hadn't done it for a week go ahead and try her in the chin room again.

So I brought her back in and no issues. Now today one of my Seniors did the exhale and crying for a few minutes -- it was after I had changed their fleece and he was put into his new clean cage.

Ideas? If it was an URI wouldn't they make the sound more than one night? His nose is clear no discharge and no eye discharge. Eating normal, drinking and acting normal...

Ideas?

Can you describe more what you mean by 'crying'? Is it just a vocalization? Does it sound like the scared 'honking' noise chins make?

If it is just a vocalization my guess is that they're just getting used to new strange noises.

Is it barking? Or a cry? If you can record itnor identify the sound that would help. I find a new chin will bark and others will bark too.

My chin has made sounds that sounded like a baby crying. I've had chins surrendered because that focalization made owners think they were sad. I haven't seen it connected to displeasure. They do it when alone.

Back