Critter nation potentially dangerous

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mknoblich1

Tonight I noticed that another bar on my critter nation cage had broken. I have had bars break before but they were the verticle bars. I just moved the shelves around to move them away from the broken area. The bar that broke tonight was a horizontal bar. When it broke the bar was left sticking out I to the middle of the cage. It was sharp on the end were it broke leaving a chin in danger of impaling themselves on the bar. I moved items around yet again to cover the danger spot and will be moving my girls into a new cage for there safety. Beware if you have a critter nation with big chins as they may be in danger. I wrote an email to Midwest letting them know about my issues with the durability of their cage.

that is the reason why I prefer the FN over the CN. CN's are great cages for when babies are in them, and the cage is set to be baby safe. But anything beyond that it just leads to problems with heavier chins.

You can try using larger washers to spread out the pressure on the bars more. Also one washer inside and one outside for each bolt. I have bird cages with fairly thin bars and have never had a bar break.

Back