Critical care in Canada that doesn't empty my wallet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mittens, Ph.D.

So... I found some carriers of Critical Care in town (Edmonton). And... it's $26 for a 141 g pack!

This seems absurd. I realize that if I were to order it from the US, it would likely cost me about $20 (hence why I didn't order through Menagerie, I figured by the time all was said and done it wouldn't make sense to send it to Canada... please correct me if I'm wrong). But this makes me so mad!

Does anyone know of a Canadian supplier who doesn't want every last penny I have?

Thanks!

WOW. I paid $22.00ish for an entire pound (453g) from Menagerie. Even with the shipping difference you are much better off just ordering a 453g size.

Last edited:
Hrm... Indeed. My worry is out of country shipping, which tends to be a kicker. But I suspect you're right.

Even if shipping was a kicker, it would still be cheaper than getting the 141g packages from your vet. Even if shipping was $15 (though I don't think it would be that high for 1lb), it would bring it up to about $35 for a lb. To buy a pound from your vet it would cost you $78. (3-141 gram packages)

Shipping to Canada through USPS for 1 pound of CC and then some ounces for packaging should be around $7 usd for first class. For priority it'd be around 11 if they could fit it in a small flat rate box (not sure how big the bags are) or about $20 for regular priority

SThis seems absurd. I realize that if I were to order it from the US, it would likely cost me about $20 (hence why I didn't order through Menagerie, I figured by the time all was said and done it wouldn't make sense to send it to Canada... please correct me if I'm wrong). But this makes me so mad!
Shipping isn't too bad. I always ship to Canada via Priority Mail. It gets there quickly. I've PMd you details.

I know that Mill Creek Vet Clinic sells it, but I can't remember how much it was. Last time I used it for a guinea pig I had a sample package to use.

Back