Cozy N Fresh bedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

Does anyone have any input on Tractor Supply Co's Cozy N Fresh Pine Pellets or any pellet type bedding?
They look a lot like their food, so im a bit worried about them eating it. They are not litter trained, so it will be covering their floor.
Any input is welcome, Thank you!

I haven't used it for a chinchilla but in the past I've used it for a hamster. In my personal opinion, I hated it, when it got wet it would swell up and be gooey. Ideal for spot cleaning I guess, but a mess to clean up. Wasn't the best at odor control either.

It also looks like it would be uncomfortable to their feet. Would you like to stand on marbles? I tried a similar product and the the chins avoided the bottom of the cage except to go down and eat it.

That's what I was thinking, but both my vet (chin mom) and my sister (rabbit mom) recommended it. I'm having issues with my heavier chins uterine staining because I guess their being isn't absorbent enough :(
Thank you for your input!

Back