Cooling stones?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have four cooling slabs, i got them cheap and thought it was worth a try...My chinnies seem to enjoy putting their feet on them after playtime to cool down and will rest on them for at least an hour :)

I am not sure if they are completely necessary, but they are definitely nice to have! I actually got mine at Lowe's, a bit cheaper than buying the actual cooling slabs at Pet stores. I didn't think my chins really cared about them, but every once in a while I will catch Tribble sitting on his.

i honeslty do not know if they actually work at cooling a chin, but i do know this, they don't sweat, and i also know that if they are hot, holding them in front of the freezer does cool them down quickly, so i'm guessing its good to have them because they are cool, and i'm thinking they will help alittle..

i bought mine at lowe's as well, alot cheaper than buying from a pet store.
and my chins seem to like to sit on them after playtime and eat their hay.
i think they work, since my girl always gets hot after playtime
and she just sits on the tile and she starts cooling down

During the hot summers my chinchillas practically live on them. I keep a steady rotation of tiles in their cages and in the freezer.

They're not necessary, but nice to have during warm days. Some people keep them in there all the time.

Back