Conjoined twins...6 legs...don't look unless you have a strong stomach.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
Kiwi gave birth to a stillborn today. It has two tails and two sets of back legs, one head and one set of front legs...

I am scared to go in the bathroom and pick this thing up...it's just gross.

Attachments

• P1010830.jpg
    P1010830.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 690
  • P1010831.jpg
    P1010831.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 580
Wow. That is the oddest conjoined kits pic I've ever seen. I'm sorry you found that. :( It is no fun to clean up the "mishaps" when breeding goes wrong. Did Kiwi have any other babies? I know how you've been waiting on her kits...poor Kiwi. I'm sorry Suz... :( *hugs*

Wow. That's fascinating. Looks like they're linked right at the top of the hip and a bit deformed in a couple places (hard to tell from pic). Poor baby. How's Kiwi?

I also think it's fascinating, though I am sorry you had to find it. :(

I am very happy to hear that she was able to get that out though. I am really surprised considering she was basically pushing out two babies at once.

Oh my god, that it's really horrible picture, poor babies, they were going to be two but they didn't develop properly, I am sorry about your loss on the kits, at least the mommy is still alive and doing fine now, poor her.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope Kiwi is doing well.

Thank you for sharing this, though, as it is fascinating. Again, my sympathies to you and your girl. :flowers4:

Kiwi is doing great now. She's eating and actually acting pretty happy. Her uterus feels like it is constricting back to normal like it should...no tearing of the birth canal, thank God.

I think that she's thrilled to have that thing out of her. It looks like an alien picture....poor Kiwi. I gave her a dose of Baytril and I will call the vet in the morning to see if he wants to see her and if I should continue on antibiotics since that kit was clearly dead for awhile.

After several hundred babies born here this is by far the weirdest looking kit born. I hope to never see this again. I'm so grateful that Kiwi was able to deliver it unharmed...can you imagine a c-section on her if that kit got caught?

Well...I have been feeling queasy since this happened...I need to finish feeding everyone and then I shall go to bed and try to not dream about this. I was really looking forward to Kiwi's little babies...not a space alien! :D

WOW! I'm so sorry for you and Kiwi. Thrilled to hear she is doing well. That is one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen. I hope you get a good sleep after the day you've had.

Wow. I'm surprised she passed it fine and didn't tear it up or anything. Thanks for posting though. It is very fascinating and just reassures me that I am not going into breeding my chins. I don't think I could handle seeing that in person coming from one of my chins. Good luck with Kiwi!

Ditto to what everyone said. Personally-I would of opened it up to see where it was connected internally. If it had 4 kidneys and such. What a great learning tool it would of been.

Do you think that I should have saved it? I buried the poor thing in the yard...the coyotes usually end up digging them up. It just was too shockingly icky, I had to get rid of it. I'm amazed that I actually got pictures...

Kiwi's happier now than she's been in a long time. I am amazed she didn't tear. I guess this is a reason to not just pull on a kit to help get it out.

Needless to say, I am having a hard time getting to sleep tonight. This will go into the speech I give to people wanting to start breeding. Things like this can happen, it isn't very pleasant...that's for sure!

I'm really, really glad that you took pictures of it, even if it is... strange. But it's very educational.

So glad that Kiwi passed it okay and that she's doing well!!!

Wow, poor little one, and mom for passing it thru.
Sorry Susan, this had to happen.
I personally don't see it as ugly, just a deformed little kit.

awww.........susan so sorry to see this. :(

glad kiwi is ok tho. take a little pepto bismal and lay down for a bit.....you deserve it.

and thank you for sharing, although it was difficult to look at, I find it amazing what the reproductive system does...........

Wow!. that is the oddest deformed kit I have ever seen. I can't imagine how Kiwi did it on her own. But Im glad she was able to. Glad she is doing well

I'm so sorry you didn't find two happy healthy kits :( I am happy, tho, that it didn't turn out worse and there weren't complications with the birth. Glad momma is so happy! Thanks for posting pics...I think it is helpful for ppl to know what they are getting into when breeding.

Back