Colorado Feb 4th, 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing you would absolutely need to bring is your animal. If you don't have combs, someone will share with you, cages are provided. Comb them, cage them, sit back and enjoy.

I may be a passenger short, but so far I'm still planning on coming. My biggest concern is wind. I made Ohio with a cracked rack of ribs and recently dislocated hip...

I've been watching the map as well.. if it continues on it's path it looks like it's leaving me a gap to get in! I'm not worried about getting back, it's getting there. Fingers crossed. Hate to have been dusting these guys the last two months for nothing! LOL

Ok, I didn't realize cages were provided, awesome. SO if we do go....just wing it and bring 'em and hope for the best? If nothing else I could snag someone to take a look at my violet and give me an idea on his quality, yeah?

I'm just worried that the lack of additional dusting (and the fact I have been BS instead of BC (I don't like how BS works..), AND the fact he's a crappy bather, would...just spell disaster....

OH OH and is this one that requires them to be tagged? I have a tag for the violet, but I don't have the gun to tag him with....:/

There is usually someone there with a tagger and spare tags... most of these old timers have been there done that!

Even on the table the judges will not all of the qualities, they will say something to the effect that the animal needed to be dusted more to move up, or what not. :D

What about food/water for the Chins? Do we need to bring that? How do they eat and drink during the long day?

Tim, this is going to be a small show. It will probably be all finished up by 3:00PM. The only people that will need feed and water for their animals is those of us spending the night at the hotel after the show. Your animals will be back home and in their own cage Saturday by late afternoon.

Looks like the storm is diminishing on the radar, especially over Ft. Collin's, any confirmation on that Colorado people?

News said maybe 12 inches for Ft collins by the time it's done.

I woke up getting ready to absolutely laugh myself silly when I saw only about 3 on the railing. But that was due to winds. We have about 6 currently on the ground, drifts up to 10.

At least as of this morning, while they seem to of dropped the snow totals down (ever so slightly) but say it'll go til tomorrow morning.

Ok so grooming is 6am-9. I'm just trying to decide the possibility of us actually getting there in time to even attempt a groom.

Is there a break for lunch? Or do I need to bring munchies? Preggo so I need to constantly munch. LOL

I think I decided (won't fully decide til tonight) We'll try. Hubby has applied for jobs in TX so this might be the only ft collins show I can make for.....however long. If he gets them. So I should make an effort. I'll just bring my medicine cabinet and make sure we know where the hospital is around there just in case. (I'm paranoid like that)

I guess the other thing is, this isn't one of those where every chin on the table is for sale, right?

We were going to try to make this show but it not going to happen this time. Everyone be safe and good luck!!

We already have over a foot at my house and it is still dumping. We live west of Denver though. It looked like Ft. Collins was on the edge of the bad stuff on this morning's radar. But the drive from here to there might really stink.

:cry3:

We already have over a foot at my house and it is still dumping. We live west of Denver though. It looked like Ft. Collins was on the edge of the bad stuff on this morning's radar. But the drive from here to there might really stink.

:cry3:

Yeah, I'm about 10 miles NW of Denver. Just since I last updated we're up to about a foot of snow....Snow's still consistent (Yeesh can't we at least get the big fat fluffy flakes) And windy...

They updated our forcasted total accumulation to 24-48 inches. We are already at that 24 inch mark and no sign of slowing.

They updated our forcasted total accumulation to 24-48 inches. We are already at that 24 inch mark and no sign of slowing.

Holy....geeze....I got a friend who is up in blackhawk. Posted a picture an hour or so ago and it was already waist deep.

We've had an hour or so break. But it's starting back up again. Honestly, I'm not confident I'll be able to get off my street.....

Back