Color question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTChin

defender of all animals
Not that long ago I had babies born to a homo beige sire (his parents were pink white and beige) and a pink white dam (parents hetero beige and white mosaic). Recently I read somewhere that I had a 25% change of a homo pink white (?)

I'm just curious.... according to this site there is pictured a homo beige/pink white AND a homo pink white. What is the difference? :hmm:

http://poplarhillchinchillas.com/white.html

A homo beige pink white is the same thing as a homo pink white. The only thing a pink white can be homozygous for is the beige since homozygous white is lethal. ;)

o.k. Thank you :)

Will there always be a creaminess to the coat of a homo pink white do you know?

I've seen some very white pink white's before.

Just wondering how the heck do you tell a homo pink white from a hetero pink white besides breeding it? lol Most homo beiges are easy to figure out. I've seen homo tans and they are pretty obvious. Just curious.

Will there always be a creaminess to the coat of a homo pink white do you know?
No, it depends on how blue the beige line is that you are using. I have seen some absolutely pearly white pinkwhites and homo pinkwhites. Gary Neubaer had one at a show a few years back. I had one that was also Tov that was very white.

No, it depends on how blue the beige line is that you are using. I have seen some absolutely pearly white pinkwhites and homo pinkwhites. Gary Neubaer had one at a show a few years back. I had one that was also Tov that was very white.

Thank you. Wow... that's a gorgeous chinchilla!

Back