coffee was attacked

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee and I are leaving for a vet who is an exotic spec but they are 2 hours away! I called ALL my local hospitals and they are either closed Or their exotic vet is not in on sundays or on vacation.
One good thing is it's a vet that I receive my 75% off at :D -- go employee discount!

I will let you know what they say. I was talking to them and they said possibly sedation- wet bandages ect ect

The main thing is to keep it open and let it drain, as it has to heal from the inside out. He's already on antibiotics, he's already got the wound open and draining. You can apply a warm compress at home.

I've got one here right now that makes yours look like a walk in the park. The entire back of his head looks like raw meat and he's got stripes, individual stripes, all the way down his back from his neck to his tail. And, of course, he's white so it looks even worse. We cleaned him up, started him on antibiotics and Metacam, put him in a cage with towels instead of shavings, and are monitoring his intake, outgo, etc.

Some days, I reallllly don't like chins.

Oh my goodness! That is so scary when they get into fights. My two brothers have been separated forever because I came home to a pierced ear one night. I can only imagine how scared I would have been if something like that would have happened. I did read that you are thinking of reintroducing... please use extreme caution if you do decide to do so. Sometimes once they have issues with dominance, they will always have those issues. I know that my brothers did... I tried re-intros three different times and they won't even play together without trying to rip each other to shreds.

What did the vet say about the abcess? I hope that everything is going okay with him!

Back