Clicking noises to another chin????

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirazak

Hi I've had my babies a few months now. They seem to have settled really well. The last few days angel ( I think!) has been making these clicking noises and seems to try and go for Charlie. Is this normal don't want them to start fighting. I went to cage to talk to them both and she stopped. Does anyone know why she has just started doing this? Is this normal behaviour? Never really heard this noise before :(

She may have just been giving him a warning. When my chin had babies and they would wrestle on her she would click and go at them but she never hurt them. She was just scolding them.

Based on the name I'm wondering if Charlie is a boy? If so, is he neutered? Are you trying to breed them? Ages? etc? If they are a boy and a girl and he is not neutered, he could be trying to mate with her and she could be telling him to take a hike...

Based on the name I'm wondering if Charlie is a boy? If so, is he neutered? Are you trying to breed them? Ages? etc? If they are a boy and a girl and he is not neutered, he could be trying to mate with her and she could be telling him to take a hike...

I have a pair of chins that I'm attempting to breed (btw you really need to research first, and baby chin's are not good candidates any way you slice it and chinchillas need to be matched with qualities in mind!) and my female will "klack" and chance away the male when he attempts to be frisky. IT also could be she is just grumpy at him for something he did. I think you should separate them if they are male/female. If Charlie is a girl, then still, keep an eye for aggression and loose fur, separate if you see any signs.

Hi thanks they are both girls they are around 8.5 months now. As far as I know they have been together since very young. This behaviour has only started recently, I will keep an eye on them. I hope she stops would be a shame to have to seperate them :(

They have reached adolescence and things may change. They will probably reestablish who is the more dominant of the two. Keep a close eye on them for any signs of fighting.

Back