clicking noise

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurilla22

So my chin makes a "clicking" noise when she is trying to go to sleep. Its a very low sound and I cant hear it unless I'm near the cage.
To describe the noise, take your tongue and make it click against the top of your mouth while its closed. Its sounds kinda like that. I'm not sure if i should be concerned about this noise or if its normal.

It doesn't really sound chirpy to me. Idk lol maybe Im worrying over nothing. I just wondered about it because my other chin makes all the other normal chin noises and my girl just seems to make that noise and on occasion bark when she hears something outside.

Sometimes they click or grind their teeth, which can indicate pain or unhappiness, but mine sometimes do it in their sleep.

She seems to only do it when shes trying to fall asleep so maybe that is what it is. I hope shes not unhappy.

Some chins grinde their teeth when they are comfortable. My chin used to always do it when she was just going down to sleep. If you let her out, have a lot of contact with her and isn't lonely then their shouldnt be anything to worry about. Does it sound like teeth grinding? Just make sure she has plenty of wood to chew on, just in case it is her being uncomfortable. It could be her just getting comfy. :)

Well she isn't very tame and likes to bite, a lot lol so she doesn't have too much OCT. She has lots to chew on but would rather chew on her cage -__-. It doesn't sound like grinding of the teeth but maybe it is. I do have contact with her, I like to sit next to the cage and talk to her and just sit next to the cage when I'm watching tv. Sometimes she lets me give her scritches behind the ear for like 5 seconds but then shes like "omg human is touching me!", freaks out and runs away haha

Back