Chubs and Taz

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbullgirl

Pictures of the boys the first time they came out to play after bringing them home :)

Also they got a new fleece set. Yes its zebra, my sister begged me to get it so i did.

Attachments

• 100_0472.jpg
    100_0472.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0474.jpg
    100_0474.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_0464.jpg
    100_0464.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0466.jpg
    100_0466.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 50
Those are some nice looking chins! Cool fleece sets, considering getting a bumblebee one myself :p Really like the 3th pic although it's a bit blurry

About the cage: I am wondering: don't they nibble the plastic shelves?

I would let them settle in more before you let them come out to play. Also, the plasic could be a problem..

They are adorable! The zebra fleece makes then look tough and manly ;)

Its the cage they came with. When i got them the plastic had been chewed but the previous owner said they quit chewing on it after a while -__- i am replacing them no worries. i just have been extremely busy with graduation and what not. I haven't seen them chew on it at all but either way its gonna be replaced. I do try to provide them with wood and such that they can chew on so they wont chew on the plastic until i can get it replaced or covered some how. I order a bunch of stuff from AZ Chins :)

I didn't take them out for a week after i got them. Around the middle of that week they where begging to come out. They haven't had a whole lot of play time with my busy couple weeks. Not only that but by the end of the week their cage was a mess, so i had to take them out to clean it. My room was starting to stink xD

The zebra fleece made my sister happy :) I actually kind of like it. Chubs seems to like it a lot. He sat on the hammock for a while. I actually have to change it around a bit, just haven't had time yet. Taz loves the little house and i haven't seen either of them in the tunnel yet, but they have been in there because there where droppings, so we will see.

Ah ha, so you do like the zebra fleece! :D We will definitely be needing more pictures of these cuties!

Very cute boys. I had the same cage way back for a pair of my chins, right down to the zebra print fleece. It was pretty easy to replace the plastic shelves with wooden ones. I just went to Lowe's and had them cut the shelves to the size I wanted, then screwed 2 cup hooks on each end of the boards. They'll sit right on the wires that way. Took me about 5 minutes to install quite a few front to back shelves. :))

Dug through my photos and found a pic of the old cage. I have replaced all my cages with FN's since then- lifting that cage up to clean the base was a pain in the butt!

ScreenShot177.jpg

Very cute boys. I had the same cage way back for a pair of my chins, right down to the zebra print fleece. It was pretty easy to replace the plastic shelves with wooden ones. I just went to Lowe's and had them cut the shelves to the size I wanted, then screwed 2 cup hooks on each end of the boards.

What kind of wood did you get?

Ah ha, so you do like the zebra fleece! :D We will definitely be needing more pictures of these cuties!

Ha ha i never really cared for the animal print stuff but i think it fits the boys personalities.

Stackie - i was planning on using wood. The only problem is that the boys will destroy it FAST. I don't know if there is anything else that i could use? Yea i don't really like lifting it off the base. i actually had another cage that i was going to use but the one they have is more sturdy than the one i was going to use. I'll probably get them a new cage when i can afford one. That's funny how its almost the exact same!

I found taz sitting in the tunnel!!! :] he is so cute. As i was setting my computer up on my desk he sat there watching and talking to me. Hes my talker :)

Attachments

• 100_0476.jpg
    100_0476.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0479.jpg
    100_0479.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
Congrats on your new boys! I love the zebra print, I have that in one of my boy cages too.

Can I ask what is in their food dish/bin in the first pic in your 1st post?

It was the food they came with. Charlie chinchilla food. They are in the process of being switched to Oxbow right now.

The boys got some new toys from Susan ( AZchins)! Thanks Susan they love them. The first thing chubs did was bit a leg of the spider her got! Then he had to check out the hut. Taz was a little bit shy but then soon followed his brother in checking them out. They ate most of the spiders legs he he. Here are some pictures of the boys checking it out.

Taz is sitting in the green house eating his finger trap, he loves them :D
Chubs just kind of looked at his and glared at me, probably thinking "what am i suppose to do with this?" Ha ha

Attachments

• 100_0480.jpg
    100_0480.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0481.jpg
    100_0481.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0490.jpg
    100_0490.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0491.jpg
    100_0491.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0492.jpg
    100_0492.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 14
So i was down showing my sis my boys new stuff and chubs came out and decided he would like to get some attention from both of us. He sure does look like a chubbers in this picture :)

Attachments

• 100_0493.jpg
    100_0493.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
Back