Choosing Food for My New Hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelseabell

So there is a headache-inducing amount of information about what kind of commercial food to feed or not feed a hedgehog. After checking several different sites, I chose the three that seemed to appear most often on all the lists I've looked at.

I've decided to go with a mixture of

Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Light
Blue Buffalo Indoor Health
Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck

Any thoughts from experienced hedgehog owners about my choices is always greatly appreciated! So excited to be getting my hedgie in the next week or so.

Those should be fine, they are usually well accepted, and good picks.

Also ask to get a couple weeks supply from the person who are getting your hedgehog to slowly transition it to the new mix.

Ditto what Kalandra said.

To add, mine hedgies were on Chicken Soup, Green Pea & Duck, and something else at the same time. Worked out pretty well for them :)

The Chicken Soup and the Buffalo Blue are two of the things the breeder is feeding them currently, mixed with three other foods. Hopefully she'll be giving me a small supply to help transition them.

Does the ratio matter?

Before I mix all this food together, I'm curious if anyone would recommend a certain ratio of these foods? Or simply equal parts of all three?

I usually just mix about 2 weeks worth at a time in a smaller container and shake well. I don't worry that they are getting the same ratio each night.

Back