Chintros

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siylvat

So. Quarentine for Bok our little standard boy was up like a week and a half ago and so we introduced him to Dash our 1 1/2 year old standard. There was initially chasing and a small amount of fur. After a few days of this they settled down and there was only a little bit of humping, so we put them in a clean cage neither had seen before.

So now, once in a while there is a little chasing, but no fur is lost, no biting. Dash seems to love bok and will jump on him and rest his head on him, try to snuggle up next to him, sleep next to him (or on him). Poor Bok though just seems scared. He sits on a shelf giving me the stink eye, while Dash jumps around the cage like a lunatic. He kacks at me and my fiance when we try to take him out. I feel bad because Dash loves him so much, but I don't want Bok to be terrified. When they are out together they seem fine, they will sniff eachother like they are buddies, and begin exploring together.

Should I separate them again and introduce them slower? Leave them alone for now and see if Bok gets used to thins? Or is Bok just a one chin kinda chin?

I would give Bok a few days to get used to the new arrangement. If, after that, he still seems scared, then you might need to keep him in a separate cage. Just keep a close eye on things.

I have one chin that acts that way any about any little change. She gets over it after about a week. Maybe Bok will, too.

I would give Bok a few days to get used to the new arrangement. If, after that, he still seems scared, then you might need to keep him in a separate cage. Just keep a close eye on things.

I have one chin that acts that way any about any little change. She gets over it after about a week. Maybe Bok will, too.

Yeah, I am watching them for now. I let them both out together for playtime today and they were grooming eachother and what not. just in the cage, if Dash jumps near Bok he will get scared and kack, or run away. Outside the cage though, they are fine, jumping all over eachother.

It sounds like you are on the right track. Just take it slow and continue the play times together. Hopefully, Bok will get used to Dash.

Maybe you could try sitting their cages side by side so they get used to each other without really being in the same cage together. Bok might feel less afraid then.

Maybe you could try sitting their cages side by side so they get used to each other without really being in the same cage together. Bok might feel less afraid then.

Yeah, that is how they are now. We are going to take it a little slow, because Bok gets so freaked out. Poor boy.

I love the name Bok, did it come from Boq in Wicked?

My boys are from the same litter, so I never had to deal with introductions and don't have much in the way of advise. Good luck!

Back