Chins and alarm clocks?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenMcStay

Chillamom
Hello!

My chinchilla will be living in my bedroom with me once I pick her up (in 2 weeks!!), and I just have a question regarding my alarm clock in the morning. I understand that chins get startled quite easily, and I definitely do not want to scare her every time my alarm clock goes off in the morning. Does anybody else have a suggestion as to what I could do about this? I know this is kind of a weird question to ask...haha.

Thanks!

-Lauren

They adjust to it just fine. I had my chinchillas in my bedroom for 11 years before they got their own room. Never had any issues with alarm clocks

My alarm goes off at various times every day, depending on what time I have to go to work. 9 in my room, and no one is bothered by it. They sleep through it better than I do, lucky furballs....

My alarm goes off every morning right near my chin and she'll maybe widen her eyes a little, but that's it. It seems like they should be freaked out by an alarm, but for some reason they aren't. It's weird.

My chin does not really care too much. He takes it to mean that it is morning scritches time and waits expectantly as I walk by to the shower.

Mine's not even phased by a loud vacuum, so the alarm clock is no problem!

Mine chases the vacuum like a crazy lady. So now I only vacuum when she is in her cage. As for the alarm she does not notice it, and I snooze like crazy.

mine actually uses my alarm clock too. as soon as it goes off hes up and begging at the bars, waiting for a scritch and his morning refill of hay. i really dont think it effects them at all!

You could always set your alarm clock to come on as music rather than a bell or buzzer, but then again you might sleep through it. I don't know, I never use an alarm clock to get up b/c we have Alice who meows every single morning at 6:00 am... even on my days off. :wacko:

My chins are in my bedroom and my alarm clock is LOUD. It scares me out of sleep, but it honestly doesn't seem to faze them a bit.

My roommate has her alarm clock set so loud that I wake up to it. I don't know how you can be that heavy of a sleeper but it goes off for like an hour too!
:sleep:
If anything the chins sleep and I search for ear plugs. :yawn:

We have an alarm clock that starts out low and gets louder and louder.
This story reminds me of a time I startled Joey chin. He was asleep in his wooden house which has a large hole on top of the roof, I was standing in front of the cage, Joey got startled and a large poof of fur came flying straight up out of that hole then went right back down in the hole :hilarious:

Mine really don't care anymore, but I don't think they really ever did. One of my boys actually barks 15 minutes before my alarm goes off, every morning, never fails. So he is technically my alarm clock.

All of mine had no problem with it when they were in my room. In fact, I could use them for alarm clocks, as they are usually up talking to one another at 4 am, when I have to get up.

My chins sleep through a screaming Macaw at all hours of the day and night. He flies across the room, stands on the top of their cage and says Hello. If they ignore him, he shreaks "HOWAREYA?" at the top of his birdie lungs. They don't even open their eyes. If I walk in the room and bump the fan, there are squeaks and barks and banging about the cages as they run in fear.

They are strange creatures, but I've not found that loud noises even phase them.

Hahahaha. It's so true Peggy. We are far from quiet people. Between my husband's gaming and my love of loud music you would think our chins would be frantic. Lo and behold, not a peep or scurry. Yet when I walk in the bedroom and the door happens to hit something and make a small bang they all go crazy. Silly critters.

Back