Chinnie Playtime!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockWrapsody

My boys LOVE there new playhouse from Christine! It arrived in the mail yesterday and they were able to have playtime last evening.

By the way four new boys were brought home when I got to visit Susan at AZ Chins. The white one is Quartz, the beige is Caliche, the dark grey is Psilo, and the black is Onyx. The other lighter grey is Izzy, I am not sure that Izzy is gonna be accepted by this group. I think I noticed a little fight during their playtime together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twU6Z40FEH0&feature=youtube_gdata

Sheri

It's a great playhouse, but they will play in anything. Onyx and Quartz especially!! The other two boys are brothers and in their own little strange world...but they still like to play. They're not all that spoiled so they think everything is just great, but I know they are getting very spoiled now...very very spoiled.

oh my gosh! Thats adorable! I love that house :) Im glad you got chins from Susan. They are always really great! :)

Adorable! My chin is giving me the stink eye right now, I think she's a little jealous!

Thank you sooooooooo much for making my day! Heck probably my week too! I give credit to my friend Allie for requesting this house, and my husband for making them! This brought a huge smile to my face. They are a pain to make, but oh this totally makes it all worth it! I'll share with my husband when he gets home today!

Christine makes great stuff! My girls are quickly demolishing the beautiful hay box she made for me though! Your boys look like they are loving it. I found myself counting them going "how many chinchillas?" as they disappeared and reappeared. It's a very cool house, might be a little overkill for just my pair though. I am contemplating getting them another wooden house as the current one they have I am not sure will be large enough for them when they are full grown. Right now one of them is in it, and the other is on a ledge looking disgruntled.

Cute!! :D

Seems like you had one for a while and you added 4 new ones, right? :)

I remember having them I had to Keep them in seperate rooms for a while then put their cages side by side. To get use to one another first, and then eventually putting them inside the other chin's cage to get use to their sense.

Gradually let them play, and they would fight. But eventually they became friends.

Sometimes I would put them in a small cage together and they couldn't fight because no room. They would just tollerate each other. But I just left them there for just a few mins.

I think that will help the for boys get use to the other.

I learn that all on here, when I was trying to introduce my chins.. It tough progress for me.. LOL Because I didn't like when they would get mad at each other..

Last edited:
Back