Chinchilla "Stop" button?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdr13

Ok so my fiance and I have 2 chins a little boy (Fleury) and a girl (Sidney). So, we found Fleury outside about 2 years ago and he is an absolute sweetheart. A few months ago, we noticed that no matter what he is doing (eating, playing, running around during playtime, etc) he stops everything if you scratch his butt/hip area. Its like an immediate "stop" button! I thought at first it was only him, until I finally got to try it with Sidney (shes a diva and a little bit off sometimes) and she did the same thing! I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their chin and if not, could you possibly try it? I am just curious to know if its all chins or just mine! :hmm:

Ziggy usually stops when I scratch his hind area.. I assumed till now he just liked it and that was why he stopped. Bowie doesn't stop anything when we do that. The other 2 don't like to let us scratch there.

Mine will stop of I scratch her rump. It's usually followed by scritches though. I think she stops because she knows she's going to get scritches.

I would agree with you CindyV (about my chins anyways) but it happens even during play time and I don't knw about ur chins but mine want NOTHING to do with my scritches when its time out of the cage for play, but still if I scratch the "butt" area they stop like I hypnotized them or something....even get the glazed over look in their eyes (not a bad look, just the "oh my goodness ur scratching my butt and I am now paralyzed" look) ;)

All of mine hate it when I touch their butt. They either kack at me like crazy, try to push my hand away, or take off.

Mine stops too. I always figured it was because he loved butt scratches.

most of mine are like Stack's.......they do not like butt rubs!! but no matter what they are doing, most of the time if they hear my voice or i come to their cage, they come to the front to see whats up. exceptions are during the dead of their nappy time. and the funny thing is that it is only MY voice. when anyone else speaks......nothing. my voice....i see they will cock their head to see if I am coming by for a visit. amazing critters.

Sidney doesn't particularly like me touching her anywhere but her head/chin area either but after it worked with Fleury I (because she bites my fiance if he touches her) tried it with her and she did the same thing....just odd I think

Back