Chin noises!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sovay

I have two chins housed together and one of them is such a noise maker! I've never had a chin that was so vocal. Occasionally they have light scuffles over toys or treats, and a bark here and there, but most of the time, they are best buds. But one of them, Fivel, will just out of no where start this sound I like to call 'quacking'. It's not a bark, it's like 'WAH wehwehweh" ....like....I can't think of anything else, it's a quack! It just totally cracks me up. He'll sit at the door and wag his tail and quack at me. Sometimes he'll start grooming miles or sit there very quietly and go 'meep meep meep meep meep' and that just kills me. Sometimes miles like to do what I call 'the cough bark', which is "cough. WHAK WHAK WHAK whaaaak". He always seems to do that at night if he is bored or he did it a lot when I was in the process of moving and we were in a strange place....maybe he was scared. My other hypothesis is that that is a call for the ladies but I'm not so sure.

anyway, chin noises are fun. What do yours do?

well one of mine likes to bark. idk how else to describe it in her sleep. and when theyre happy usualy when they have a treat or are playing i swear they make a very quiet mix of a booping and a squeak noise. i have termed it theyre happy noise.
and when theyre startled they make a "kack" noise

My girls here too the cutest little squeaks. They will put their noses together and like... have a quiet little chat. It is absolutely adorable. Pixie is the barker, Trixie never barks. They make other little hard to identify sounds. I'd found a website one time with chin noises.. but I don't know where it went. It'd be nice to figure out what noises are happy and what aren't!

Mr Sid is by far the most vocal of my chins, he always peeps and crys for attention and then makes a sound that reminds me a bit of a laugh when he tries to hump his toys. he also kacks when you touch him unexpectedly and his whole body jumps up slightly. I have never heard him bark though..... Baby Dragon makes the quacking noise as well, usually when he is guarding the feed bown and Silver tries to get some pellets, he always stands up on his back legs to quack, it's adorable. Silver is the quietest, he just peeps and sleep barks

Dezzy seems to make about three different sounds. She barks in her sleep, she "kaack/grunt"s at me if I try to pick her up and she's not happy about it, and she squeaks/coos when she's really happy.

She doesn't vocalize very often--she seems to prefer letting her body language do the talking--and she is quite good at it!

Rosey makes these cute peep peeps when we are out in the playroom, the noises are barely audible, but I think she is telling me "it's ok mommy, I'm right over here!"

Sometimes though, she makes this awful screaming noise; it really sounds like she's in pain and used to make me jump up and run to the cage.....until I realised that was her way of telling me that she thought playtime was long overdue....the frustrated screams meant I should hurry up and get her out of the cage!! It's a horrible noise, even if it only means she wants attention!

I like the peep peep noises much better :)

Pumpkin made the strangest noise while playing tonight, it was like a balloon slowly letting out air. She must have gotten really worked up ! lol

Pumpkin made the strangest noise while playing tonight, it was like a balloon slowly letting out air. She must have gotten really worked up ! lol

Oh, I know that squeal well. They get me with that when they decide I'm not paying enough attention to them. Scared the h**l out of me the first time I heard it!

I always compare the noises Vincenza makes to those little toy animals you shake and they make a little garbled squeaky noise.

I have 3 chins and 2 of them make quiet cute little squeaks. Sabi, my bratty little princess, always shouts when she's not happy or bored and it sounds like a broken bicycle horn. Haha. I can hear her from anywhere in my apartment.

Back