Chin feet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sovay

Hi all,

I noticed that one of my chinchillas has some sore spots on both of his back feet. His feet doesn't appear to be in pain in any way. I've put bag balm on his feet for a couple days, I'm not sure how long this might take to make some difference. I also put a pumice leap-n-ledge in his cage to help maybe with some exfoliation (this sounds silly typing it out, but at the time I thought it was a good idea). It doesn't appear to be an active blister, or new wound.

Thoughts and suggestion? I'm familiar with bumblefoot (not personal experience, but know of it) and this doesn't appear to be as severe. The foot isn't swollen, but there are these red spots. He is not on a wire cage, and my other chinchillas has feet that are perfectly fine.

Obligatory cute face to request help attached :p

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 36
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I haven't had to deal with bumblefoot in chins at all (knock on wood). It doesn't look too bad though, if you don't think it's infected at all I'd say keep going with the bag balm, just clean the feet before you put it on. I know that in the past we used blue kote on our rats feet and that helped too. I love the cute face too! :)

Back